Hair and Nail ConditionsMost people think of seeing a dermatologist when they have problems with their skin. However, it’s important to know that your dermatologist is also trained to diagnose and effectively treat issues with hair and nails. These may not be life-threatening concerns, but they certainly impact your self-confidence and quality of life.
In addition to treating very complex cases, the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology frequently sees patients for these common hair and nail conditions:
- Hair loss
- Excessive hair (including hirsutism)
- Ingrown hair
- Premature graying
- Head lice
- Nail fungus
- Nail infection (paronychia)
- Changes in nail color, thickness, or smoothness
We’ll have you looking and feeling like yourself again with appropriate:
- Advice on lifestyle changes and home care instruction. Sometime all you need is a doctor’s take on what might be aggravating your condition and some hints on how to avoid those triggers.
- High quality hair and nail care products. Pure, gentle cleansers and medicated shampoos can turn many hair and nail problems around.
- Prescription topical medications. Antibiotic, antifungal, anti-itch, anti-inflammatory, or other creams may help control your condition.
- Oral medications. We stay abreast of developments in a vast field of cutting edge prescription drugs to treat hair and nail issues.
- Laser hair removal. The Lupo Center has invested in the latest technologies and training. Men and women enjoy freedom from daily shaving, harsh depilatories, and painful waxing with permanent laser hair reduction.
Call the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology today for a consultation.