Hair & Nail Conditions
Most people think of seeing a dermatologist when they have problems with their skin. However, it’s important to know that your dermatologist is also trained to diagnose and effectively treat issues with hair and nails. These may not be life-threatening concerns, but they certainly impact your self-confidence and quality of life.
In addition to treating very complex cases, the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology frequently sees patients for these common hair and nail conditions:
- Hair loss
- Excessive hair (including hirsutism)
- Ingrown hair
- Premature graying
- Head lice
- Nail fungus
- Nail infection (paronychia)
- Changes in nail color, thickness, or smoothness
We provide expert diagnosis and safe, effective treatment techniques. Our board certified dermatologists take time to understand your symptoms, concerns, and medical situations. Our state of the art facility includes technologies for accurate analysis and identification of potential causes. Then we develop a customized treatment plan to address your symptoms.
We’ll have you looking and feeling like yourself again with appropriate:
- Advice on lifestyle changes and home care instruction. Sometime all you need is a doctor’s take on what might be aggravating your condition and some hints on how to avoid those triggers.
- High quality hair and nail care products. Pure, gentle cleansers and medicated shampoos can turn many hair and nail problems around.
- Prescription topical medications. Antibiotic, antifungal, anti-itch, anti-inflammatory, or other creams may help control your condition.
- Oral medications. We stay abreast of developments in a vast field of cutting edge prescription drugs to treat hair and nail issues.
- Laser hair removal. The Lupo Center has invested in the latest technologies and training. Men and women enjoy freedom from daily shaving, harsh depilatories, and painful waxing with permanent laser hair reduction.
You may be able to ignore your symptoms most of the time and hope that the condition resolves itself, but it is important to seek professional care for hair and nail problems. Changes in hair and nails can also be a sign of more serious underlying health problems. Lack of treatment can lead to secondary infection and self-diagnosis is dangerous. What you believe to be an annoying cosmetic issue may be something more serious.
Call the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology today for a consultation.