Laser DermatologyHow laser dermatology is changing skin care in New Orleans
A laser optically amplifies light, focusing the energy into a very tiny spot. Albert Einstein established the theory of laser energy in 1917, and frankly, the idea was scary to many people. Today, we take laser technology for granted in CDs and DVDs, barcode scanners at the grocery store, law enforcement devices for speeding, and a multitude of other everyday applications. However, you may not realize the extent to which lasers are changing the field of dermatology and advancing skin care for women and men in the New Orleans area, so let’s take a look…
Some of the most groundbreaking lasers have been developed to address skin problems and deliver gorgeous complexions. Each piece of equipment represents a significant investment of money and training time, and no one device serves all dermatological purposes. Dr. Mary Lupo of the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology brings customized skin care to patients in the Southern Louisiana Gulf Coast area with a full suite of safe, FDA-cleared lasers and light devices, and other innovative therapies to help give patients the beautiful skin they desire. Here are just a few examples of the laser and light technologies available at the Lupo Center:
- The Fraxel Restore Dual Wavelength system is one of the most versatile lasers used at the Lupo Center for Aesthetic & General Dermatology. The doctors use it to non-invasively resurface skin, improving the appearance of wrinkles, sun spots, age spots, and melasma. It is used to remove actinic keratosis (a pre-cancerous skin condition), to manage acne, and to remediate acne and other types of scarring. It penetrates deeper layers of skin and stimulates natural production of collagen, without harm to the surface.
- Treatments with the Clear + Brilliant fractional laser fight signs of aging and restore natural glow to the complexion. It brightens skin tone by refreshing from the inside out.
- The Active/Deep FX Fractional CO2 Resurfacing laser is ideal for more dramatic resurfacing on the face, neck, and chest – with a little extra recovery time.
- The Lumenis M22 is an Intense Pulse Light device that is a non-laser, broad band, light treatment using energy in the visible and near-infrared light spectrum. It is best as a treatment for overall photoaging, often called photorejuvenation or fotofacial.
- Using VariLite and Cutera 532 nm lasers, the Lupo Center doctors are able to precisely target and eliminate vascular lesions and even very small spots of pigmentation on all skin types and ethnicities.
- The CoolTouch CT3 Plus non-ablative laser utilizes a specific light wavelength that reduces acne inflammation and improves mild wrinkles. It is safe for all areas of the body and all skin colors.
- Laser hair removal liberates patients from daily shaving routines or painful waxing procedures.