A: Botox Cosmetic is FDA approved for glabellar frown lines (the 11’s) since 2002 and for the past 2 years, it is also approved for crow’s feet. Doctors, however, have been using Botox “off label” for many years to reduce: forehead lines, bunny lines, lipstick lines, downturned mouth corner, masseter hyperplasia (to reduce a square jaw), as well as neck banding. We also use it to define the jaw line, reduce dimples in the chin, and evert the lips to make then appear larger without filler.
Q: I am interested in Botox, but I keep hearing about side effects. Do you think Botox is safe?
A: I will answer that with a succinct and clear “YES!”. Botox is not only safe in my opinion, but it has been evaluated by the FDA and found to be safe and effective for a number of medical and cosmetic indications. Botox was being used by ophthalmologists for many years for crossed eyes and spastic blinking when an ophthalmologist noticed improvement in the wrinkles where it was being injected. The rest, as they say, is history. Botox was also being used for children with spastic, contracted muscles as a result of cerebral palsy. Today, Botox is FDA evaluated and approved as safe and effective for such various problems as frown lines, excessive sweating, overactive bladder, migraine headaches, and crow’s feet lines around the eyes. I was privileged to be an investigator for the study that resulted in the crow’s feet approval. I have been injecting Botox in my private practice and teaching others how to inject Botox since 1996. I would never use any product that I did not feel was safe as well as effective.
More Botox Related Questions
- Botox for Gummy Smile New Orleans - Can Botox be used around the mouth?
- Botox For Smiles New Orleans LA - I have a crooked smile and would like it fixed. My lips are full, so I do not want filler. Will I need surgery to fix it?
- Safe Botox New Orleans LA - I have recently read in the New York Times that Botox improves depression. Do you think this is true?
- Botox After Results New Orleans - I thought Botox was only for frown lines, but I have friends who get it everywhere! I am confused. Where can Botox be injected?
- Botox Injection Benefits in New Orleans - I have recently heard about unusual uses for Botox. One friend told me you used Botox to enlarge the lips? I thought fillers were used for this?
- Botox Louisiana - Is it ever possible for Botox to stop working? I found that the last time, it did not take as well. It has been a while since I had it and hoped it would work as well as it used to
- Botox Results New Orleans - I have heard about Botox into the neck, but I am confused about what this would do to make you look younger. Please explain it.
- Botox Treatment New Orleans - How long will Botox last?
- Botox Cosmetic New Orleans - I have a very square jaw. I think it makes me look masculine. Can filler of laser improve that?
- Botox Treatment in New Orleans - How long before my Botox kicks in?
- Botox Before And After New Orleans - Will Botox help bags under my eyes?
- Botox And Dysport New Orleans - I have not started laser hair removal on my underarms YET, but I am wondering if Dysport and laser can be done at the same time or if the Dysport interferes with the laser treatment.
- Botox Cosmetic in New Orleans - Can you do both Restylane L and Dysport on the same day for my frown lines? My doctor says I need both for best results.
- Botox Injections New Orleans - Is there a waiting period between getting Botox injections after finishing Medrol 4 mg pack? I recently had poison ivy and was put on this medication for 6 days, taking 6 (4mg) pills on day one, 5 on day 2, 4 on day three, etc. I am not sure how long I should wait since this suppresses the immune system. Any thoughts or suggestions?
- New Orleans Botox - I have deep lines under my eyes and I always look tired. Can Botox help this problem?
- Benefits of Botox New Orleans - How long does it take for Dysport to take effect?
- Botox touch ups in New Orleans - I manage an advertising firm and I am constantly asked "why are you angry?". Even when I am in a good mood, I feel that my expressions are off-putting. Is there a way to improve my appearance without looking feminine?
- Hyperhidrosis treatment in New Orleans - Can botox be used for the treatment of axillary sweating?
Back to Botox Home Page