What to consider before visiting a New Orleans clinic for Botox treatmentBy Dr. Mary Lupo
- Age – One of the most common Botox myths is that it’s too early to start. Research has shown that early treatment, with regular maintenance sessions, can help slow the formation of etched-in wrinkles. The best time to start is the first time you notice facial lines.
- Type of wrinkles – Botox works by relaxing the muscles. It is a wonderful solution for lines and wrinkles caused by underlying muscle movement. However, it won’t help those caused by skin laxity or volume loss. Your dermatologist may recommend a combination of treatments to achieve the result you desire.
- Safety – Botox is quite safe for most patients. However, any medical treatment has the potential for adverse reactions. Be sure to tell your doctor about any medication you are taking and any known medical conditions before beginning any new treatment, including Botox.
- Recovery – There is no need to plan for downtime. You may experience mild, temporary bruising or swelling at the injection site. You’ll be able to return to normal activities immediately. Many people schedule Botox treatment during their lunch hour and then return to work.
- Results – One of the reasons for Botox’s popularity is fast and consistent results. If this is your first treatment, it will take a few days to a week for full results to develop. These treatments are carefully timed to keep muscles relaxed and keep skin smooth.