A. Yes you can have both on the same day. Often, people with lots of sun damage or those who waited too long to start Dysport (or Botox) have deeply etched lines that relaxing the muscle alone will not give full correction. Some filler into the skin can smooth those lines better than neuromodulation alone with Dysport can accomplish. I usually inject the Restylane L first so I can massage and make sure there is no lumping, then I do the Dysport (remember: never massage Dysport or Botox). Finally, it is imperative that this area be injected only by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. The circulation here is compromised and injecting in the wrong place can cause a serious adverse event.
Q. I am confused about the difference between Botox and Dysport. Which is better?
A. Both are good and both are currently FDA approved for frown lines and hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). I use both in my practice. As a general rule, since I have been doing Botox for so long and have done clinical trials on it for FDA approval of new indications, I do use more Botox. If a patient has used Botox for years and has been happy, I simply do not see a compelling reason to switch. If, however, a patient is not totally satisfied, I recommend Dysport be tried. Perhaps it will last longer in some patients. It seems to cause fewer "crazy eyebrows" in patients with high foreheads. Some patients think it kicks in quicker. The only definitive way to know if you like one over the other is to try each for yourself since everyone is different.
More Botox Related Questions
- Botox for Gummy Smile New Orleans - Can Botox be used around the mouth?
- Botox For Smiles New Orleans LA - I have a crooked smile and would like it fixed. My lips are full, so I do not want filler. Will I need surgery to fix it?
- Safe Botox New Orleans LA - I have recently read in the New York Times that Botox improves depression. Do you think this is true?
- Botox After Results New Orleans - I thought Botox was only for frown lines, but I have friends who get it everywhere! I am confused. Where can Botox be injected?
- Botox Injection Benefits in New Orleans - I have recently heard about unusual uses for Botox. One friend told me you used Botox to enlarge the lips? I thought fillers were used for this?
- Botox Louisiana - Is it ever possible for Botox to stop working? I found that the last time, it did not take as well. It has been a while since I had it and hoped it would work as well as it used to
- Botox Results New Orleans - I have heard about Botox into the neck, but I am confused about what this would do to make you look younger. Please explain it.
- Botox Treatment New Orleans - How long will Botox last?
- Botox Cosmetic New Orleans - I have a very square jaw. I think it makes me look masculine. Can filler of laser improve that?
- Botox Treatment in New Orleans - How long before my Botox kicks in?
- Botox Before And After New Orleans - Will Botox help bags under my eyes?
- Botox And Dysport New Orleans - I have not started laser hair removal on my underarms YET, but I am wondering if Dysport and laser can be done at the same time or if the Dysport interferes with the laser treatment.
- Botox Cosmetic in New Orleans - Can you do both Restylane L and Dysport on the same day for my frown lines? My doctor says I need both for best results.
- Botox Injections New Orleans - Is there a waiting period between getting Botox injections after finishing Medrol 4 mg pack? I recently had poison ivy and was put on this medication for 6 days, taking 6 (4mg) pills on day one, 5 on day 2, 4 on day three, etc. I am not sure how long I should wait since this suppresses the immune system. Any thoughts or suggestions?
- New Orleans Botox - I have deep lines under my eyes and I always look tired. Can Botox help this problem?
- Benefits of Botox New Orleans - How long does it take for Dysport to take effect?
- Botox touch ups in New Orleans - I manage an advertising firm and I am constantly asked "why are you angry?". Even when I am in a good mood, I feel that my expressions are off-putting. Is there a way to improve my appearance without looking feminine?
- Hyperhidrosis treatment in New Orleans - Can botox be used for the treatment of axillary sweating?
Back to Botox Home Page
Our mission at the Lupo Center is to provide patients with innovative, effective and ethical care to make each person look and feel their personal best. To fulfill our goal, we provide state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments to all patients.
Board certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology Mary P. Lupo, MD has been a leader in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation since 1983. She travels internationally to teach her innovative techniques, and her reputation brings in patients from around the country. She started the first formal residency training program for injectables and peels in 1983 at Tulane Medical School and served as past president of Women’s Dermatologic Society, adjunct professor of dermatology at Tulane and a founder of Cosmetic Boot Camp. Dr. Lupo holds membership in many prestigious dermatology associations, participates in clinical trials for approval of new drugs and devices and acts as an advisor for numerous aesthetic-minded companies.