A. There are theories that antibodies can form against Botox, but we are not seeing this with usual cosmetic dosages. What I suspect happened with you is that your lines are being etched in deeper with your hiatus from treatment. I would try once more, using a higher dose. Another option is to add filler like Restylane or Juvederm to complement the action of the Botox.
Q. I do not have wrinkles yet. I am only 26 years old, but I have heard Botox can raise the eyebrows. Am I too young to do Botox?
A. You are not too young for Botox. Conservative Botox injections in just the right places, will lift your brows and open up your eyes. Another bonus is that it has a preventative benefit against crow’s feet and frown lines when you do the brow lifting technique.
Q. I went to a medspa and the doctor admitted to me that they save Botox for several days after he mixes the 200 units with 10 cc of saline. I decided against the injection, but does Botox keep that long?
A. You were smart to pass on getting that injection. There is no Botox vial that comes in 200 unit increments. Botox Cosmetic, which is what has been FDA approved for wrinkle reduction in the glabellar frown lines, comes in 50 and 100 unit vials. The usual dilution is 1-2.5cc. So, there is a chance this medspa is importing illegal botulinum toxin and calling it Botox. 10cc is also too much liquid and will result in too much diffusion of product away from the injection site. This increases the chances of eyelid drooping and brow drooping. The real Botox does last several days after mixing, but if you go to a board certified dermatologist who is experienced with the product, a vial rarely lasts longer than a few hours. Botox in the right hands is very popular!
More Botox Related Questions
- Botox for Gummy Smile New Orleans - Can Botox be used around the mouth?
- Botox For Smiles New Orleans LA - I have a crooked smile and would like it fixed. My lips are full, so I do not want filler. Will I need surgery to fix it?
- Safe Botox New Orleans LA - I have recently read in the New York Times that Botox improves depression. Do you think this is true?
- Botox After Results New Orleans - I thought Botox was only for frown lines, but I have friends who get it everywhere! I am confused. Where can Botox be injected?
- Botox Injection Benefits in New Orleans - I have recently heard about unusual uses for Botox. One friend told me you used Botox to enlarge the lips? I thought fillers were used for this?
- Botox Louisiana - Is it ever possible for Botox to stop working? I found that the last time, it did not take as well. It has been a while since I had it and hoped it would work as well as it used to
- Botox Results New Orleans - I have heard about Botox into the neck, but I am confused about what this would do to make you look younger. Please explain it.
- Botox Treatment New Orleans - How long will Botox last?
- Botox Cosmetic New Orleans - I have a very square jaw. I think it makes me look masculine. Can filler of laser improve that?
- Botox Treatment in New Orleans - How long before my Botox kicks in?
- Botox Before And After New Orleans - Will Botox help bags under my eyes?
- Botox And Dysport New Orleans - I have not started laser hair removal on my underarms YET, but I am wondering if Dysport and laser can be done at the same time or if the Dysport interferes with the laser treatment.
- Botox Cosmetic in New Orleans - Can you do both Restylane L and Dysport on the same day for my frown lines? My doctor says I need both for best results.
- Botox Injections New Orleans - Is there a waiting period between getting Botox injections after finishing Medrol 4 mg pack? I recently had poison ivy and was put on this medication for 6 days, taking 6 (4mg) pills on day one, 5 on day 2, 4 on day three, etc. I am not sure how long I should wait since this suppresses the immune system. Any thoughts or suggestions?
- New Orleans Botox - I have deep lines under my eyes and I always look tired. Can Botox help this problem?
- Benefits of Botox New Orleans - How long does it take for Dysport to take effect?
- Botox touch ups in New Orleans - I manage an advertising firm and I am constantly asked "why are you angry?". Even when I am in a good mood, I feel that my expressions are off-putting. Is there a way to improve my appearance without looking feminine?
- Hyperhidrosis treatment in New Orleans - Can botox be used for the treatment of axillary sweating?
Back to Botox Home Page
Our mission at the Lupo Center is to provide patients with innovative, effective and ethical care to make each person look and feel their personal best. To fulfill our goal, we provide state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments to all patients.
Board certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology Mary P. Lupo, MD has been a leader in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation since 1983. She travels internationally to teach her innovative techniques, and her reputation brings in patients from around the country. She started the first formal residency training program for injectables and peels in 1983 at Tulane Medical School and served as past president of Women’s Dermatologic Society, adjunct professor of dermatology at Tulane and a founder of Cosmetic Boot Camp. Dr. Lupo holds membership in many prestigious dermatology associations, participates in clinical trials for approval of new drugs and devices and acts as an advisor for numerous aesthetic-minded companies.