A. Botox can be a very effective treatment for those that suffer from axillary sweating (hyperhidrosis). It is typically saved as a last resort option for patients that have tried topical and oral treatments, such as Drysol and Robinul, and failed to achieve results from these conventional therapies. Patients can expect to have significant axillary sweat reduction for up to 6 months.
Q. How painful is Botox treatment?
A. Botox is a very tolerable procedure. In our office we use a topical lidocaine based numbing cream that we apply to patients about five to ten minutes before they are treated to make injections more tolerable. The needle used to inject Botox is very small and barely noticed during injections.
Q. If I used Botox for a number of years, do I stop needing it? Does my face "remember" it?
A. Botox should be considered a wrinkle maintenance treatment. In order to maintain results you will need to continue injections every three to six months. Botox relaxes the muscles in your face that cause static wrinkles from movement such as frowning, squinting and smiling. Patients may find that once their Botox wears off their muscles have been retrained to frown and squint less, giving the appearance of less wrinkles. But unfortunately, you will not achieve complete muscle atrophy through Botox injections. You may need less frequent injections, but you will always need to come back for continued Botox treatment to maintain your results.
Q. Can Botox injections cause health problems?
A. As with all medical procedures, it is important that you extensively explain your medical history, as well as any medications that you are taking, with your physician prior to undergoing treatment. Your physician will provide you with the Botox medication guide, as well as its FDA black box warning, to review before treatment. You and your physician will be able to decide if you are a good and safe candidate for Botox injections in order to limit any potential side effects associated with treatment.
More Botox Related Questions
- Botox for Gummy Smile New Orleans - Can Botox be used around the mouth?
- Botox For Smiles New Orleans LA - I have a crooked smile and would like it fixed. My lips are full, so I do not want filler. Will I need surgery to fix it?
- Safe Botox New Orleans LA - I have recently read in the New York Times that Botox improves depression. Do you think this is true?
- Botox After Results New Orleans - I thought Botox was only for frown lines, but I have friends who get it everywhere! I am confused. Where can Botox be injected?
- Botox Injection Benefits in New Orleans - I have recently heard about unusual uses for Botox. One friend told me you used Botox to enlarge the lips? I thought fillers were used for this?
- Botox Louisiana - Is it ever possible for Botox to stop working? I found that the last time, it did not take as well. It has been a while since I had it and hoped it would work as well as it used to
- Botox Results New Orleans - I have heard about Botox into the neck, but I am confused about what this would do to make you look younger. Please explain it.
- Botox Treatment New Orleans - How long will Botox last?
- Botox Cosmetic New Orleans - I have a very square jaw. I think it makes me look masculine. Can filler of laser improve that?
- Botox Treatment in New Orleans - How long before my Botox kicks in?
- Botox Before And After New Orleans - Will Botox help bags under my eyes?
- Botox And Dysport New Orleans - I have not started laser hair removal on my underarms YET, but I am wondering if Dysport and laser can be done at the same time or if the Dysport interferes with the laser treatment.
- Botox Cosmetic in New Orleans - Can you do both Restylane L and Dysport on the same day for my frown lines? My doctor says I need both for best results.
- Botox Injections New Orleans - Is there a waiting period between getting Botox injections after finishing Medrol 4 mg pack? I recently had poison ivy and was put on this medication for 6 days, taking 6 (4mg) pills on day one, 5 on day 2, 4 on day three, etc. I am not sure how long I should wait since this suppresses the immune system. Any thoughts or suggestions?
- New Orleans Botox - I have deep lines under my eyes and I always look tired. Can Botox help this problem?
- Benefits of Botox New Orleans - How long does it take for Dysport to take effect?
- Botox touch ups in New Orleans - I manage an advertising firm and I am constantly asked "why are you angry?". Even when I am in a good mood, I feel that my expressions are off-putting. Is there a way to improve my appearance without looking feminine?
- Hyperhidrosis treatment in New Orleans - Can botox be used for the treatment of axillary sweating?
Back to Botox Home Page