A. Lunchtime peels refer to light peels that can be done during a brief office visit and have no subsequent downtime from crusting or significant peeling. In order to have an effect such as improving acne, rosacea, and discoloration, a series of 3-6 should be performed, one every 2-4 weeks.
Typical chemicals used include 20-30% salicylic acid, 10-30% glycolic, and 10% TCA. There are excellent proprietary peels such as the Vitalize and Rejuvenize peels, and the Theraplex peel.
Q. I have dark skin and have issues with uneven skin tone from acne scars. I am wondering if a skin peel would help (and hopefully get rid of) this condition.
A. I have been doing chemical peels here in New Orleans on darker skin since the 1980's. Chemical peels are safe and very effective for darker skin, especially for acne and discolored acne scars. The trick is proper skin preparation, using the right peeling agent and having a good post-peel protocol.
Q. I am seeing that TCA is available online. Please advise how best to use this product.
A. I do not recommend you ever self-treat with OTC internet peeling agents, especially TCA. This acid can cause significant changes to skin color and even lead to permanent scarring if not used correctly. This is not something you do after a weekend course or some online training.
Q. Can TCA be Used on a Fair Complexion which Tans Easily?
A. By your description, you are skin type 2. So you have lots of options to improve your skin texture and color. TCA peeling is certainly a great choice, but Fraxel Dual, IPL, and Silkpeel are other reasonable alternatives. Be sure to see a doctor experienced in all and who owns the lasers (like the Fraxel Dual) to give you the treatment that fits best for your needs, budget and social schedule.
More Chemical Peels Related Questions
- Chemical Peel Treatment in New Orleans - I have very dark skin on the back of my neck. It is embarrassing, so I will not wear my hair up. My hair is very unruly, and for work, I need to put it up. I am looking for a solution to lighten the color. Can a chemical peel be done on the neck?
- Chemical Peel After Results New Orleans - I have acne and dark spots. I admit, I tend to pick. Can a peel help the dark spots and if so, which peel is best? There seems to be so many types, I get confused
- New Orleans Chemical Peels - Is it absolutely necessary to have a pre-peel program prior to a peel? I have a big event in 3 weeks and do not have time to prep. Would I be wasting my time?
- Chemical Peels in New Orleans - What are lunchtime peels?
- Chemical Peel New Orleans - I am an African American female with acne scars. I have had mild keloids on my chest when I picked some acne blemishes, but not keloids after ear and body piercing. Can I get Fractional CO2 resurfacing?
- Chemical Skin Peel New Orleans - I'm a African-American who is 20 years old who still gets really bad acne which turns into post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. What should I do? The dark spots embarrass me even more than the acne.
- Chemical Peel in New Orleans - I am planning on getting a chemical peel and would like to know what I can do to make sure I have a good result.
- Chemical Skin Peel Before and After New Orleans - I have deep ice pick scars and have tried laser and even old fashioned dermabrasion for improvement. I really have not seen any change. Is there some other, more effective option?
- Chemical Peel Treatment New Orleans - Can I get a peel and filler on the same day?
Back to Chemical Peels Home Page