A. While preparing the skin prior to a peel with an individualized skin care program designed to speed the results from a peel is always optimal, you are not wasting your time if you do a peel to get things started. Sometimes a peel first will energize you to be more compliant with a program. One thing is a must: NO sun after the peel and no picking. Both of these actions could cause dark spots after the peel.
Q. I think my skin is dull and lifeless. What chemical peel is best to give me back my radiance that I have lost in the past few years?
A. There are many options to brighten the skin color and tone. Chemical peeling is an option and there are many sub-options that qualify as chemical peels to brighten your complexion. Salicylic acid is a great choice for all skin types and is safest for patients with active acne or rosacea.
Glycolic acid is a popular option for aging skin. Jessner and TCA, especially when combined, give significant results but will have a week of downtime. I like to individualize each patient's treatment depending on skin type, if they can do downtime, and the problem I am treating. Remember, a program of sun protection after a peel is essential to maintain your results.
More Chemical Peels Related Questions
- Chemical Peel Treatment in New Orleans - I have very dark skin on the back of my neck. It is embarrassing, so I will not wear my hair up. My hair is very unruly, and for work, I need to put it up. I am looking for a solution to lighten the color. Can a chemical peel be done on the neck?
- Chemical Peel After Results New Orleans - I have acne and dark spots. I admit, I tend to pick. Can a peel help the dark spots and if so, which peel is best? There seems to be so many types, I get confused
- New Orleans Chemical Peels - Is it absolutely necessary to have a pre-peel program prior to a peel? I have a big event in 3 weeks and do not have time to prep. Would I be wasting my time?
- Chemical Peels in New Orleans - What are lunchtime peels?
- Chemical Peel New Orleans - I am an African American female with acne scars. I have had mild keloids on my chest when I picked some acne blemishes, but not keloids after ear and body piercing. Can I get Fractional CO2 resurfacing?
- Chemical Skin Peel New Orleans - I'm a African-American who is 20 years old who still gets really bad acne which turns into post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. What should I do? The dark spots embarrass me even more than the acne.
- Chemical Peel in New Orleans - I am planning on getting a chemical peel and would like to know what I can do to make sure I have a good result.
- Chemical Skin Peel Before and After New Orleans - I have deep ice pick scars and have tried laser and even old fashioned dermabrasion for improvement. I really have not seen any change. Is there some other, more effective option?
- Chemical Peel Treatment New Orleans - Can I get a peel and filler on the same day?
Back to Chemical Peels Home Page