Are you ready to experience the Fraxel skin rejuvenation difference?By Dr. Mary Lupo
While there are several types of genuine Fraxel lasers, Dr. Mary Lupo prefers the advanced model, Fraxel Dual. It is an FDA-cleared fractional laser. Fractional means that the beam of light energy is broken into thousands of microscopic segments, which penetrate skin without collateral harm to the surface or surrounding tissues. The first wavelength infiltrates the dermis, stimulating your body’s natural manufacture of collagen. Fresh, healthy skin cells are produced from the inside out. The second wavelength resurfaces skin, removing dull and damaged cells.
How Fraxel can help your complexion
Dr. Lupo and her staff have specialized training and the experience to get great results on most skin types ranging from very fair to deeply pigmented. Using Fraxel, we can visibly improve the appearance of:
- Fine lines
- Sun damage
- Scars, including acne scarring
- Age spots
- Stretch Marks
- We start with a consultation to discuss your aesthetic concerns. Dr. Lupo analyze your skin type, learn about your current medical situation, and take time to answer your questions. If you are a good candidate for Fraxel, your first appointment is scheduled.
- Your skin is cleansed and a topical anesthetic is applied. You feel warmth as the laser is directed at problem areas, but we use a cooling device to keep you comfortable.
- You’ll feel like you have a mild sunburn for up to 24 hours after treatment. You may have some redness or minor swelling but it resolves within a day or two. You may wear makeup, and must apply sunscreen daily.
- Your skin will darken, similar to a suntan, then flake as the dull cells are exfoliated. This can last five days. A good moisturizer that will help to conceal this phase.
- Depending on your goals, we usually suggest three to five treatments, scheduled several weeks apart. Each session takes one to two hours. You’ll see improvement within about five days, and further enhancement over several months as collagen remodeling takes place.
- We will provide advice on skin care techniques to maintain your refreshed appearance.
Our mission at the Lupo Center is to provide patients with innovative, effective and ethical care to make each person look and feel their personal best. To fulfill our goal, we provide state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments to all patients.
Board certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology Mary P. Lupo, MD has been a leader in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation since 1983. She travels internationally to teach her innovative techniques, and her reputation brings in patients from around the country. She started the first formal residency training program for injectables and peels in 1983 at Tulane Medical School and served as past president of Women’s Dermatologic Society, adjunct professor of dermatology at Tulane and a founder of Cosmetic Boot Camp. Dr. Lupo holds membership in many prestigious dermatology associations, participates in clinical trials for approval of new drugs and devices and acts as an advisor for numerous aesthetic-minded companies.