New Orleans dermatologist, Dr. Mary Lupo offers injectable treatments as an anti-aging solution for wrinkles.Cosmetic injectables may include any of the following brands and products:
- Juvederm XC Family
- Juvederm Voluma XC
- Juvederm Volbella XC
- Juvéderm Vollure XC
- Restylane Lyft
- Restylane Silk
- Restylane Refyne & Restylane Defyne
What are cosmetic injectables?Cosmetic injectables are used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This may be achieved with the following methods:
- Adding volume directly to fine lines and wrinkles
- Reducing muscle contractions, which cause dynamic wrinkles and folds
- Stimulating the natural production of collagen for long-term volume improvement
How to choose the correct filler? Explained by Dr. Mary Lupo
It is a matter of the experience and the knowledge of the board-certified doctor to see the science behind the filler.
What are the factors which should be looked into when picking a filler?
You can look into the patients' age, skin thickness, the depth of the line, etc. The fact you are treating a line, a fold, or contouring is also important.
At Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology, how do you pick the right filler?
These factors help me decide which filler to be used. Most older patients need a combination of deeper as well as superficial fillers.
Types of fillers and injectablesThere are four types of cosmetic injectables used for the treatment of aging at the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid formulations – products such as Juvéderm and Restylane integrate hyaluronic acid, which attracts water where it is injected. This adds immediate volume that can last several months before reinjection.
- Poly-L-lactic acid – Sculptra Aesthetic is made with poly-L-lactic acid, which helps in stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. This adds volume and helps patients achieve a more youthful look.
- Calcium Hydroxylapatite – Radiesse is made of calcium hydroxylapatite and is an FDA-approved collagen stimulator that can be used on and off the face. This dermal filler offers an effective way to address volume loss for natural-looking results with a duration of a year or longer.
- Neuromodulators – Botox, Dysport and Xeomin relax muscle contractions to smooth the skin.
Dr. Mary Lupo and her team invite patients in and around the New Orleans area to schedule a consultation appointment and learn about cosmetic dermatology solutions that can help them achieve their goals. If you want to discuss the possibilities of injectable treatments for aging skin, contact her today by calling (504) 777-3047 or visiting us at 145 Robert E Lee Boulevard, #302.