A: What went wrong is that you felt pressure and chose to be polite rather than smart. I also feel your dentist was wrong to put you in that position. It takes years to understand how best to inject fillers. I regularly teach dermatology residents over a 3 year residency program. Dentists are now taking weekend courses. It is also a BAD idea to inject someone while they are swollen or reclining as this alters the anatomy and results in incorrect placement of the filler. Finally, when dental work is done, there is a mild, temporary bacteremia (bacteria from the mouth getting into the blood stream. This is why orthopedic or heart implant patients often need antibiotics when dental work is done). This bacteremia simultaneous with dermal filler implantation increases the chances of infection and biofilm formation at the site of injection. Go back to your experienced dermatologist with your hat in your hand and she/he can likely correct the poor result.
Q: Is it possible for Juvederm to move around after it is injected?
A: It would take vigorous manipulation and pushing to move Juvederm from where it is injected, but it is very pliable and can be moved a little. It certainly will not move more than a few millimeters, so it would not move from the area of the face that was injected. I recommend my patients NOT to massage after I have made sure the product is in the correct spot and any lumps have been massaged out by me.
More Juvederm Related Questions
- Juvederm Ultra New Orleans - Where can a filler like Juvederm be used?
- Juvederm Injection New Orleans - Is it a bad idea to get Juvederm injected three weeks before a big event?
- Juvederm Injections New Orleans - I'm a 35 years old. with a clotting disorder so I take Coumadin daily and was wondering if it is safe to have Juvederm injected into my smile lines?
- Juvederm Lips New Orleans - I would like my lips to be plumper and have a bit of a pout. They're quite thin and the upper lip especially has a very flat look between my nose and lips. Since I have a slight overbite do you think the filler would make my lips look very fake and ducklike? I want it to look natural and subtle. How much do you think I would need and where would I have it injected for the most benefit? Also would you recommend that I get it in my philtral columns?
- Juvederm Before and After New Orleans - I had Juvederm injected into my lips about 3 weeks ago by a very new doctor in Baton Rouge. The swelling has completely gone down, and at first glance my lips look fine (not the results she promised but they look ok). This is my problem: when I feel my lips, they feel hard, accompanied by pain if I squeeze. Is this normal? It has been 3 weeks.
- Juvederm Fillers in New Orleans - I have had Juvederm injected for years by my dermatologist and loved the results. I was at my dentist recently and while i was in the chair and numb, he suggested I let him inject me since he was now doing Juvederm injections. Well, I did not want to offend him right before he was about to fill a tooth, so I said "sure". I am now heartsick. I am crooked and lumpy and I don't even think it was injected where my wrinkles were. What went wrong?
- Juvederm for Frown Lines New Orleans - What is the best filler for the frown lines?
- Juvederm Bruises New Orleans - How long does Juvederm treatment usually take?
Back to Juvederm Home Page
Our mission at the Lupo Center is to provide patients with innovative, effective and ethical care to make each person look and feel their personal best. To fulfill our goal, we provide state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments to all patients.
Board certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology Mary P. Lupo, MD has been a leader in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation since 1983. She travels internationally to teach her innovative techniques, and her reputation brings in patients from around the country. She started the first formal residency training program for injectables and peels in 1983 at Tulane Medical School and served as past president of Women’s Dermatologic Society, adjunct professor of dermatology at Tulane and a founder of Cosmetic Boot Camp. Dr. Lupo holds membership in many prestigious dermatology associations, participates in clinical trials for approval of new drugs and devices and acts as an advisor for numerous aesthetic-minded companies.