About the Kybella procedure in New OrleansBy Dr. Mary Lupo
Is Kybella right for you?The first step is an examination to determine if you are a good candidate. Kybella is formulated to target fatty deposits, not to tighten skin. For jowls or other loose, sagging skin, we may recommend an alternative such as Exilis Elite tissue tightening. However, if you have excess fat below your chin, you are likely a good candidate for Kybella. If you have both excess fat and lax skin, it is best to perform Kybella before skin tightening procedures.
What to expect
- The procedure is fast and comfortable. A very fine needle is used to inject precise amounts of Kybella in strategic locations. It usually takes about 15 minutes, with little to no downtime.
- The most common side effects include mild bruising, swelling and numbness in the treatment area. These are temporary, and generally resolve within a few days or weeks of treatment.
- A series of two to six sessions is usually needed to achieve optimal results. Appointments are scheduled at least six weeks apart.
- Results develop gradually, as fat cells are metabolized by your body. You may begin noticing improvement within weeks of your first appointment. It may take a few months to see full results.
- Because Kybella emulsifies the fat and destroys the fat cells, the results of treatment are long lasting.
Kybella safetyThe safety and effectiveness of this product have been established through extensive clinical trials. Dr. Lupo was an investigator in the pivotal trial for FDA approval. However, if the procedure is not performed properly, the injections can have serious side effects. FDA warns that Kybella should only be administered by a licensed, trained professional. Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology is one of the most respected dermatology practices in New Orleans. Our team is held to the highest standards in training, quality, and safety protocol.
Call (504) 777-3047 and schedule a consultation to find out if Kybella treatment is the best solution for you.
Our mission at the Lupo Center is to provide patients with innovative, effective and ethical care to make each person look and feel their personal best. To fulfill our goal, we provide state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments to all patients.
Board certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology Mary P. Lupo, MD has been a leader in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation since 1983. She travels internationally to teach her innovative techniques, and her reputation brings in patients from around the country. She started the first formal residency training program for injectables and peels in 1983 at Tulane Medical School and served as past president of Women’s Dermatologic Society, adjunct professor of dermatology at Tulane and a founder of Cosmetic Boot Camp. Dr. Lupo holds membership in many prestigious dermatology associations, participates in clinical trials for approval of new drugs and devices and acts as an advisor for numerous aesthetic-minded companies.