CELLULITE: A COMMON CONDITION NOW TREATED WITH A STATE-OF-THE-ART PRODUCTIt’s estimated that nine out of every ten women will develop cellulite. There are many myths associated with cellulite: it’s caused by extra pounds, an unhealthy diet, or a sedentary lifestyle. The truth is, none of these factors play a role in cellulite lumps and bumps. While strenuous exercise and a nutritious diet play an important role in fitness and overall wellness, these healthy habits will not smooth the skin. Cellulite is caused by the genetic makeup of the fibrous septae bands under the skin, and when these bands have a strong pull on the skin it causes the dimpling, “cottage cheese” appearance.
QWO targets the cause of cellulite: the fibrous septae bands. During the procedure, Dr. Lupo injects QWO directly into the cellulite dimples where the fibrous septae are located. Formulated with the collagenases enzyme, QWO destroys the bands within the dimpled areas. During the succeeding weeks and months following treatment, fat at the injection site is “remodeled.” A smoother, firmer appearance at the skin’s surface is revealed.
WHAT TO EXPECT: BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER QWOPatients at the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology appreciate that QWO is:
- Quick – Can be completed in as little as 10 minutes.
- Painless – A small needle is used to inject the product, so patients tolerate it well and no special preparation or numbing is necessary.
- Not complicated – A full treatment can be completed in three sessions, spaced at least 21 days apart.
- Low-risk – Common side effects are generally limited to painless bruising. As the bad bands are destroyed, small blood vessels within the fibrous septae leak and cause bruises that typically subside around two weeks after the first treatment. Often, bruises are less evident with each additional treatment session.
- No downtime – Get back to your workday or other activities without missing a beat!
- Tried & True – While this is the first treatment of its kind, QWO was studied in more than 1,800 women. The results from the women in the clinical trial have been long-lasting, and FDA data shows results through a year.
Although cellulite is very common, it can often be mistaken for skin laxity, which cannot be treated with QWO. During a consultation, Dr. Lupo will be able to determine if the dimpling is cellulite or sagging skin. To do this, she simply lifts the skin above the dimple. If the indentation goes away, it is an indicator that there is lax skin and not cellulite. If this is the case, she will recommend a skin tightening device or Sculptra injectable filler.
Women looking for an effective and safe cellulite treatment near them in New Orleans are in luck! Cost varies per each patient’s needs and the exact price will be given during the consultation. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Mary Lupo, expert injector at the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology, contact us today: (504) 777-3047 or firstname.lastname@example.org.