A: Foam sclerotherapy with Asclera is now the gold standard for removal of small pink spider veins as well as reticular veins (the non-bulging blue and greenish ones you describe). Asclera is painless and FDA approved. Compression stocking should be worn for 3-7 days after treatment for this size veins.
Q: I had great success in the past with sclerotherapy for leg veins. I was wondering if sclerotherapy might work on the veins on my chest?
A: Yes, I have performed sclerotherapy on dilated veins on the chest and hips as well as the hands. It is virtually painless and is less expensive, much safer (less likely to get discoloration or divots) and more successful, in my opinion, than laser.
Q: Are the compression stockings needed for the best long-term results from sclerotherapy or mainly to manage the swelling or circulation?
A: Compression stockings are used to improve the results by compressing the blood vessels, making the lumen easier to close up from the injection AND the compression stockings reduce the risk of post-treatment pigmentation from any leak-out of hemosiderin from the vessels. They also reduce the risk of phlebitis and rare blood clot formation. The post-treatment wearing of stockings is VERY important to achieve the best results and see the fewest complications. Stockings should be worn after each treatment per your dermatologist's recommendation, but can be for as short as 1 day for tiny spiders, to at least 3 weeks for varicosities. After the results are achieved the use of these stocking can prevent the formation of new blood vessels.
More Sclerotherapy Related Questions
- Sclerotherapy New Orleans LA - I had a series of sclerotherapy treatment 5 years ago and I still have the stockings. I have lost a little weight since my last treatment series. Do I need new stockings?
- New Orleans Vein Treatment - I have veins in my legs I want gone. I am needle phobic. Do lasers work as well?
- Sclerotherapy Treatments New Orleans - I'm a 24 year old female, 5 '2" & 118lbs. I have had very visible green veins that don't bulge on my legs for the past couple of years - actually one on my leg has been very visible since I was 12. The veins seem to be worsening. I 've never been severely overweight (but in 2008 I was around 130lbs) and haven 't had any kids, but my job requires me to be on my feet. Sometimes it feels like I have dull pains in my legs. What would work for me?
- Leg Veins New Orleans - I am 33 and have had 2 children. With each pregnancy, my leg veins have gotten worse. I want to have one more child. Should I wait until all pregnancies are behind me, or come in soon and be treated even if I want to have another child in a couple of years?
- Sclerotherapy Treatment New Orleans - Do I need compression stockings after sclerotherapy?
- Spider Vein Treatment New Orleans - I have small dark moles on my neck. They run in my family. I think they make me look old, And sometimes they get irritated by my necklaces. Is there a safe treatment that will not change my skin color (I am mixed-race)?
Back to Sclerotherapy Home Page