What is the best skin care treatment for patients in the New Orleans area with acne?By Dr. Mary Lupo
Acne can range in severity and type. It may be cystic acne or just mild blemishes that appear on the skin. A proper diagnosis of the type of acne is a great start, as it allows our team of professionals to determine the best skin care treatment for desirable results.
There are many ways in which acne can be addressed with the help of a dermatologist. Here are just a few common solutions for acne conditions that exceed the results of over-the-counter products with benzoil peroxide or salicylic acid:
- Cleansers – the first step in ensuring beautiful, healthy skin is the use of a gentle yet effective cleanser for cleaning the skin and keeping dirt and bacteria from becoming trapped in the pores resulting in blockages and blemishes.
- Topical creams – Dr. Mary Lupo may suggest a variety of topical creams containing prescription-strength ingredients to kill of bacteria on the skin and reduce acne blemishes. These may be applied to the skin several times a day after cleanings.
- Oral medication – sometimes, acne can be treated from the inside out. Prescribing oral medications for patients to take each day can help in controlling infection and helping enhance the skin's health and wellness.
- Chemical peels – chemical peels are an excellent treatment option to integrate into a skin care regimen. They can be done regularly to slough off dead skin and exfoliate it resulting in even more youthful skin with smoother texture and tone.
- CoolTouch laser treatments – Dr. Mary Lupo have a wide selection of modern technologies that can also help in shrinking oil glands and reducing the appearance of acne; such as the CoolTouch laser services.