532 nm VariLite Laser
532 nm VariLite Laser: 1 of 10
532 nm VariLite Laser: 2 of 10
532 nm VariLite Laser: 3 of 10
532 nm VariLite Laser: 4 of 10
532 nm VariLite Laser: 5 of 10
532 nm VariLite Laser: 6 of 10
532 nm VariLite Laser: 7 of 10
532 nm VariLite Laser: 8 of 10
532 nm VariLite Laser: 9 of 10
532 nm VariLite Laser: 10 of 10
Dr. Lupo began using the Iridex 532 nm VariLite Laser in 1999. Since then, this laser technology was purchased by Cutera and has been refined, and now Dr. Lupo uses the most updated version: the Cutera 532 nm VariLite Laser. This laser precisely targets and treats small, benign pigmented spots and small dilated blood vessels on the surface of the skin. The laser generates an intense beam of light that targets the treatment site. The laser light is absorbed by oxyhemoglobin (bright red blood cells carrying oxygen) or the melanin (black or brown pigment found in the skin) causing decomposition or destruction by heating the unwanted cells while leaving healthy cells intact.
At the Lupo Center, we treat the following skin conditions with the 532 nm VariLite Laser:
- Telangiectasia – small, surface veins caused by dilation of capillary vessels or arterioles
- Dermatosis Papulosis Nigra (DPN) – small, black raised lesions seen primarily on people of Asian or African descent
- Freckles – brown spots on the skin; common on people with fair skin
- Lentigines – flat, brown spots on the skin: present on skin with frequent sun exposure
Each procedure only takes a few minutes and the results are almost immediate without bruising or discoloration. The safe and easy treatment allows patients to resume to normal activities with little risk of side effects. To learn more about the 532 nm VariLite Laser, browse through our gallery of results or call our office today to set up a consultation with one of our doctors.
For additional information on 532 nm VariLite Laser please read the following articles:
- VariLite Laser Benefits New Orleans - New Orleans area Dermatologist describes the benefits of VariLite laser treatment
- VariLite Laser Before and After New Orleans - What can New Orleans patients expect before and after VariLite laser treatments?
- VariLite Laser New Orleans LA - What is the VariLite laser used for in New Orleans, LA?