In addition to treating very complex cases, the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology frequently sees patients for these common hair and nail conditions:
- Hair loss
- Excessive hair (including hirsutism)
- Ingrown hair
- Premature graying
- Head lice
- Nail fungus
- Nail infection (paronychia)
- Changes in nail color, thickness, or smoothness
We’ll have you looking and feeling like yourself again with appropriate:
- Advice on lifestyle changes and home care instruction. Sometime all you need is a doctor’s take on what might be aggravating your condition and some hints on how to avoid those triggers.
- High quality hair and nail care products. Pure, gentle cleansers and medicated shampoos can turn many hair and nail problems around.
- Prescription topical medications. Antibiotic, antifungal, anti-itch, anti-inflammatory, or other creams may help control your condition.
- Oral medications. We stay abreast of developments in a vast field of cutting edge prescription drugs to treat hair and nail issues.
- Laser hair removal. The Lupo Center has invested in the latest technologies and training. Men and women enjoy freedom from daily shaving, harsh depilatories, and painful waxing with permanent laser hair reduction.
Call the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology today for a consultation.
Our mission at the Lupo Center is to provide patients with innovative, effective and ethical care to make each person look and feel their personal best. To fulfill our goal, we provide state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments to all patients.
Board certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology Mary P. Lupo, MD has been a leader in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation since 1983. She travels internationally to teach her innovative techniques, and her reputation brings in patients from around the country. She started the first formal residency training program for injectables and peels in 1983 at Tulane Medical School and served as past president of Women’s Dermatologic Society, clinical professor of dermatology at Tulane and a founder of Cosmetic Boot Camp. Dr. Lupo holds membership in many prestigious dermatology associations, participates in clinical trials for approval of new drugs and devices and acts as an advisor for numerous aesthetic-minded companies.
Dr. Skylar Souyoul practices the full range of medical, surgical and aesthetic dermatology. During her dermatology training, she worked closely with Dr. Lupo to learn the “Lupo Process” for cosmetic injections and laser procedures. She works with her patients to create a skin care regimen, which may include in-office procedures as well as over-the-counter cosmeceutical or prescription treatments depending on the patient’s needs. Dr. Souyoul continues to remain current on the most cutting-edge treatments so she can provide her patients with individualized treatments and optimal results. She is also a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center.