At the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology, we treat patients with SkinPen, the world’s only FDA-cleared microneedling device. Here’s what you can expect from a SkinPen microneedling procedure:
- A plan for optimal results: After a consultation with one of our board certified dermatologists, a course of treatments will be determined based on your individual needs. Initially, patients receive three-six treatments spaced out every three-four weeks followed by annual maintenance as needed.
- A comfortable procedure: we apply topical numbing to make the treatment easily tolerated. Most patients only feel the vibrations from the SkinPen during the procedure.
- A short procedure time: treatments typically only take 15-45 minutes, depending on the area(s) being treated.
- Little to no downtime: The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. In the days following the treatment, there may be some dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications.
- Soothing aftercare: Immediately following the procedure, our laser technician applies a soothing skin care product to the skin. We will recommend skin care products for your individual needs for at-home maintenance.
Microneedling with the SkinPen is safe for all skin types, and it is effective on all parts of the body, including the face, neck and décolletage. This treatment can be done any time of the year; however, we recommend that patients stay out of direct sunlight during the first five days after treatment. To schedule a consultation to see if microneedling is right for you, call us today at 504-777-3047.