At the Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology, we treat patients with the newest Eclipse MicroPen EVO. Here’s what you can expect from a MicroPen EVO microneedling procedure:
- A plan for optimal results: After a consultation with one of our board-certified dermatologists, a course of treatments will be determined based on your individual needs. Initially, patients receive three-six treatments spaced out every three-four weeks followed by annual maintenance as needed.
- A comfortable procedure: we apply topical numbing to make the treatment easily tolerated. Most patients only feel the vibrations from the Eclipse MicroPen EVO during the procedure.
- A short procedure time: treatments typically only take 15-45 minutes, depending on the area(s) being treated.
- Little to no downtime: The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. In the days following the treatment, there may be some dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications.
- Soothing aftercare: Immediately following the procedure, our laser technician applies a soothing skin care product to the skin. We will recommend skin care products for your individual needs for at-home maintenance.
An insight to Micro-needling at Lupo Center for Aesthetic and General Dermatology
Micro-needling has become a very popular modality to stimulate collagen production.
Micro-needling is actually a mechanical injury to the skin to the level of the upper papillary dermis; to stimulate new collagen production.
What are the areas which can be treated through Micro-needling?
Micro-needling is effective for mild photo-aging, mild acne scarring, and fine lines.
The beauty of micro-needling is it can be done on all skin types and is effective for a wide range of conditions.
For an enhanced microneedling treatment, some patients choose to have their own PRR (platelet-rich plasma) applied to the skin immediately before and after the microneedling treatment. PRP involves withdrawing a patient’s own blood, processing it so that only the enriched PRP cells remain, and applying that plasma to the skin. PRP contains a high concentration of natural growth factors and essential proteins that stimulate the healing process and the creation of collagen. In this way, PRP softens wrinkles and evens out texture and tone.
Microneedling with the MicroPen EVO is safe for all skin types, and it is effective on all parts of the body, including the face, neck, and décolletage. This treatment can be done any time of the year; however, we recommend that patients stay out of direct sunlight during the first five days after treatment. To schedule a consultation to see if microneedling is right for you, call us today at 504-777-3047.