What results can patients in the New Orleans area expect after Clear and Brilliant treatment?By Dr. Mary Lupo
Post-treatment care after Clear and Brilliant will improve the quality of the results and help allow the skin to recover. Some tips for taking care of the skin after treatment:
- DO NOT use any exfoliating agents on the skin for the first 72 hours after treatment—avoid any type of scrub. Use gentle cleansing products day and night.
- Understand that the skin may become dry. Dr. Mary Lupo can recommend a topical moisturizer that will not only help the skin recover but offer necessary hydration. This should be used for several days after treatment.
- An enzyme mask can be used a few days after treatment to help in removing some of the dead skin cells which tend to flake off after 72 hours.
- Patients are urged to avoid perfumes, chlorine, and UV products for several days after treatment as this can irritate the skin.
- Waxing and plucking of hair on the treatment area should be avoided.
- Sunscreen use is extremely important after Clear and Brilliant treatment. Patients should speak to their dermatologist about what type to use on freshly treated skin.
Our mission at the Lupo Center is to provide patients with innovative, effective and ethical care to make each person look and feel their personal best. To fulfill our goal, we provide state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments to all patients.
Board certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology Mary P. Lupo, MD has been a leader in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation since 1983. She travels internationally to teach her innovative techniques, and her reputation brings in patients from around the country. She started the first formal residency training program for injectables and peels in 1983 at Tulane Medical School and served as past president of Women’s Dermatologic Society, adjunct professor of dermatology at Tulane and a founder of Cosmetic Boot Camp. Dr. Lupo holds membership in many prestigious dermatology associations, participates in clinical trials for approval of new drugs and devices and acts as an advisor for numerous aesthetic-minded companies.