Anti-aging treatment in New Orleans: Injection or surgery?By Dr. Mary Lupo
Is a “liquid facelift” actually a facelift?The term is very popular, and somewhat misleading. Liquid facelift means one or more injectable products used to reduce wrinkles and restore a youthful appearance. Although that is the same goal as a surgical procedure, the techniques, risks, and benefits are entirely different.
- Replace lost volume or relax muscles
- Are completed in a matter of minutes
- Have little to no downtime
- Are usually reversible or non-permanent
- Usually last from several months to a couple of years, depending on the product
- Can be refreshed and enhanced with a few touch-up injections
- Remove or reposition tissue (surgery does not generally add volume unless it is an implant)
- Are usually a lengthy or multi-phase procedure, often performed under general anesthesia
- Typically have significant downtime, and healing may be uncomfortable or painful
- Are usually nonreversible, though new wrinkles and sagging skin will eventually appear due to the natural aging process
Our mission at the Lupo Center is to provide patients with innovative, effective and ethical care to make each person look and feel their personal best. To fulfill our goal, we provide state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments to all patients.
Board certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology Mary P. Lupo, MD has been a leader in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation since 1983. She travels internationally to teach her innovative techniques, and her reputation brings in patients from around the country. She started the first formal residency training program for injectables and peels in 1983 at Tulane Medical School and served as past president of Women’s Dermatologic Society, adjunct professor of dermatology at Tulane and a founder of Cosmetic Boot Camp. Dr. Lupo holds membership in many prestigious dermatology associations, participates in clinical trials for approval of new drugs and devices and acts as an advisor for numerous aesthetic-minded companies.