What results can New Orleans patients expect from a chemical peel?By Dr. Mary Lupo
- Less noticeable fine lines and wrinkles
- Improved tone and reduced skin discoloration
- Diminished age spots and sun damage
- Improvement in dull or rough skin
- Improvement in conditions such as acne
Chemical peels may include ingredients such as:
- Glycolic acid
- Jessner's solution
- Salicylic acid
- Trichloroacetic acid (or TCA)
After the peel, patients will notice some redness and peeling of the skin. The old skin will come off and the newer, more youthful skin will come forth during the skin cell turnover process. Over the course of several days, patients will see more beautiful texture, tone, and anti-aging benefits.
Patients need to take great care of their skin after a chemical peel to avoid any type of infection or problem. Dr. Mary Lupo educates her patients before, during, and after their chemical peel about what to expect, how to take care of their skin post-procedure, and when to call her office with concerns and questions.