Patients in the New Orleans area offers chemical peels for treatment of many skin conditionsBy Dr. Mary Lupo
What is a chemical peel?Dr. Mary Lupo offers chemical peels because they are incredibly effective at removing dull, dead skin and bringing forth clearer, more youthful freshness. Chemical peels use a variety of ingredients applied to the face for a specific period – typically for a minute or two – before removing it and allowing the skin to naturally heal. Chemical peels vary in strength from mild to aggressive. This depends greatly on the needs of the patient as well as the recovery time a patient can handle. More aggressive peels require more social downtime, while superficial chemical peels can be done during a lunch hour and allow patients to get right back to their busy schedules.
Why choose chemical peels?Chemical peels have been performed for hundreds of years, and continue to be a tried-and-true way of rejuvenating the skin. Many patients choose chemical peels for a variety of reasons:
- Chemical peels provide predictable results
- Chemical peels are a great treatment for a variety of skin issues
- Chemical peels can be an affordable way to treat many concerns
- Chemical peels are tried-and-true, having been used for many years to achieve beautiful skin
- Chemical peels can be done as often or as rarely as patients desire