Dermatologist in New Orleans explains the benefits of Fraxel treatmentsBy Dr. Mary Lupo
Many facilities call their laser "Fraxel," but just as every tissue is not Kleenex, not every fractional laser is a Fraxel. Fraxel is the most studied and respected device and as such, in a class by itself.
Fraxel Dual is a special laser therapy that has been used for both men and women to rejuvenate the skin and reverse the signs of aging. This treatment uses a special dual wavelength system for the treatment of many conditions including:
- Pigmentation issues
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne scarring
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage
- Poor tone and texture
- Fraxel Dual can be used on all skin types
- Fraxel Dual is administered in the office of a board certified dermatologist
- Fraxel Dual can penetrate deep into the skin or treat superficial layers, depending on the needs of the patient
- Fraxel Dual can be used on any parts of the body but most often on the face, neck, chest and hands
- Fraxel Dual does not disrupt one's lifestyle, as it is a fast, effective procedure with minimal downtime
- Fraxel Dual has a high safety rating
- Fraxel Dual has been shown to offer proven results for both men and women
- Fraxel Dual provides gradual results that look as though they were naturally achieved over time
Our mission at the Lupo Center is to provide patients with innovative, effective and ethical care to make each person look and feel their personal best. To fulfill our goal, we provide state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments to all patients.
Board certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology Mary P. Lupo, MD has been a leader in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation since 1983. She travels internationally to teach her innovative techniques, and her reputation brings in patients from around the country. She started the first formal residency training program for injectables and peels in 1983 at Tulane Medical School and served as past president of Women’s Dermatologic Society, adjunct professor of dermatology at Tulane and a founder of Cosmetic Boot Camp. Dr. Lupo holds membership in many prestigious dermatology associations, participates in clinical trials for approval of new drugs and devices and acts as an advisor for numerous aesthetic-minded companies.