A. The general answer would be "it is just fine to get Juvederm just three weeks before a big event," but I would like to qualify the answer. First, if it is the first time ever, it is always good to do a dry run before a wedding or big event to make sure you like the artistry of the physician. There is great fluctuation in the results of all fillers and it depends on who is injecting. I always suggest a board certified dermatologist who has a good reputation in your community with filler. If you have had Juvederm before, three weeks is more than enough time for any bruising to resolve. Juvederm is remarkably soft and natural and remember, Juvederm can always be dissolved if you do not like the result.
Q. I am an African American woman, 42 years old. I am very interested in trying fillers, but I want to make sure that they are safe for darkly pigmented, ethnic skin. Can I get Juvederm?
A. Yes, Juvederm and all other FDA approved dermal fillers are safe in all skin types. In fact, I did the FDA phase 3 study in 2004 for approval of Juvederm. I was required to enroll 20% ethnic skin patients. I was very pleased with the effectiveness and safety of Juvederm in all skin types. You are safe to try it.
Q. A friend of mine got Juvederm under her eyes and it looks just terrible. Was this the correct thing to have done? Can it be fixed?
A. Juvederm is used "off label" under the eyes to improve hollowing, but if the patient is over-injected by an inexperienced injector, they will have blue lumps under the eyes. Less is more when injecting this area. The good news is this can be easily removed by having it dissolved by an enzyme called hyaluronidase. It is quick and safe in experienced hands.
More Juvederm Related Questions
- Juvederm Ultra New Orleans - Where can a filler like Juvederm be used?
- Juvederm Injection New Orleans - Is it a bad idea to get Juvederm injected three weeks before a big event?
- Juvederm Injections New Orleans - I'm a 35 years old. with a clotting disorder so I take Coumadin daily and was wondering if it is safe to have Juvederm injected into my smile lines?
- Juvederm Lips New Orleans - I would like my lips to be plumper and have a bit of a pout. They're quite thin and the upper lip especially has a very flat look between my nose and lips. Since I have a slight overbite do you think the filler would make my lips look very fake and ducklike? I want it to look natural and subtle. How much do you think I would need and where would I have it injected for the most benefit? Also would you recommend that I get it in my philtral columns?
- Juvederm Before and After New Orleans - I had Juvederm injected into my lips about 3 weeks ago by a very new doctor in Baton Rouge. The swelling has completely gone down, and at first glance my lips look fine (not the results she promised but they look ok). This is my problem: when I feel my lips, they feel hard, accompanied by pain if I squeeze. Is this normal? It has been 3 weeks.
- Juvederm Fillers in New Orleans - I have had Juvederm injected for years by my dermatologist and loved the results. I was at my dentist recently and while i was in the chair and numb, he suggested I let him inject me since he was now doing Juvederm injections. Well, I did not want to offend him right before he was about to fill a tooth, so I said "sure". I am now heartsick. I am crooked and lumpy and I don't even think it was injected where my wrinkles were. What went wrong?
- Juvederm for Frown Lines New Orleans - What is the best filler for the frown lines?
- Juvederm Bruises New Orleans - How long does Juvederm treatment usually take?
Back to Juvederm Home Page