A: Juvederm is your best selection to augment the lips. It is soft and when injected with some artistry, the results look very natural. I recommend that the lower lip be enhanced more than the upper, and that small tubercles be injected for some natural undulations that will prevent the "duck bill" look. Interestingly, Restylane, Juvederm's competitor, is the best option for the philtral columns since it is a bit stiffer.
Q: I had Juvederm injected a couple weeks ago, and it noticeably disappeared, but then today I was looking at my lip area and saw little lumps, so I pushed them down and kind of molded them back to the way they looked when I had the Juvederm injected. Is this normal? Everywhere I read it says that Juvederm stays in place, but I can pretty much mold it with a little pressure.
A:The Juvederm never disappeared, it was just the swelling that went away. Juvederm is VERY moldable, which makes it the best filler for the lips, in my opinion. It can be mashed around for several weeks after injection, but it will not move from the lip area that was injected. Mouth pursing and talking may swish it into little balls that you can gently massage back down. Be sure that you do not bruise yourself when doing this.
More Juvederm Related Questions
- Juvederm Ultra New Orleans - Where can a filler like Juvederm be used?
- Juvederm Injection New Orleans - Is it a bad idea to get Juvederm injected three weeks before a big event?
- Juvederm Injections New Orleans - I'm a 35 years old. with a clotting disorder so I take Coumadin daily and was wondering if it is safe to have Juvederm injected into my smile lines?
- Juvederm Lips New Orleans - I would like my lips to be plumper and have a bit of a pout. They're quite thin and the upper lip especially has a very flat look between my nose and lips. Since I have a slight overbite do you think the filler would make my lips look very fake and ducklike? I want it to look natural and subtle. How much do you think I would need and where would I have it injected for the most benefit? Also would you recommend that I get it in my philtral columns?
- Juvederm Before and After New Orleans - I had Juvederm injected into my lips about 3 weeks ago by a very new doctor in Baton Rouge. The swelling has completely gone down, and at first glance my lips look fine (not the results she promised but they look ok). This is my problem: when I feel my lips, they feel hard, accompanied by pain if I squeeze. Is this normal? It has been 3 weeks.
- Juvederm Fillers in New Orleans - I have had Juvederm injected for years by my dermatologist and loved the results. I was at my dentist recently and while i was in the chair and numb, he suggested I let him inject me since he was now doing Juvederm injections. Well, I did not want to offend him right before he was about to fill a tooth, so I said "sure". I am now heartsick. I am crooked and lumpy and I don't even think it was injected where my wrinkles were. What went wrong?
- Juvederm for Frown Lines New Orleans - What is the best filler for the frown lines?
- Juvederm Bruises New Orleans - How long does Juvederm treatment usually take?
Back to Juvederm Home Page
Our mission at the Lupo Center is to provide patients with innovative, effective and ethical care to make each person look and feel their personal best. To fulfill our goal, we provide state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments to all patients.
Board certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology Mary P. Lupo, MD has been a leader in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation since 1983. She travels internationally to teach her innovative techniques, and her reputation brings in patients from around the country. She started the first formal residency training program for injectables and peels in 1983 at Tulane Medical School and served as past president of Women’s Dermatologic Society, adjunct professor of dermatology at Tulane and a founder of Cosmetic Boot Camp. Dr. Lupo holds membership in many prestigious dermatology associations, participates in clinical trials for approval of new drugs and devices and acts as an advisor for numerous aesthetic-minded companies.