A: Restylane is an excellent option for filling in under-eye hollows, but it must be injected deeply and conservatively to prevent the clear HA gel from showing through the thin skin in this location, resulting in the blue tinge called the Tyndall effect. Laser is not necessary. A quick, tiny nick into the skin and a Q Tip to milk it out is best. The other option is to dissolve it with Vitrase. The Q switched YAG laser, which gets the blue color, is very risky so close to the eye.
Q: Is there any new news about Restylane? It has been around a while but I have never done filler.
A: Restylane was the first hyaluronic acid filler to gain FDA approval back in 2003 for nasolabial folds. It has recently been in the news because it is now the first FDA approved filler for lip augmentation. Restylane is also the preferred filler for under-eye filling to improve the hollowed area under the eyes that make you look tired.
Q: I have wrinkled skin on my chest from years of sunbathing and indoor tanning (what a mistake!). What are my options to have my chest look younger?
A: I used a combination approach to the aging chest. First, daily UV protection with a sunscreen and antioxidant (like Revale) protect from further damage. At night, I recommend retinoids and peptides to heal the damaged collagen. Some kind of laser/light device is needed. I usually do Fraxel Dual, IPL, or for severe cases, Active FX CO2 laser. Lastly, injectables may be of benefit in some patients. Tiny amounts of Botox have been used, but I prefer Restylane, which I dilute with saline to prevent lumping in this thin-skinned area. Finally, sleep on your back. Side sleeping accentuates those wrinkles, especially if you are large-busted.
More Restylane/Perlane Related Questions
- Restylane Treatment in New Orleans - I have deep ridges between my eyes and cheeks. I just look tired all the time. I am aware of using dermal fillers to fill in the indentations, but I have also read about a lot of problems with that approach to correct the "tear troughs". Can you help me decide if I should do this?
- Perlane and Restylane New Orleans - I am confused about fillers. How does a doctor choose which is best?
- Restylane Treatments New Orleans - I have acne scars and do not have time to miss work from a laser. What else can I try?
- Restylane Injections in New Orleans - How Many Syringes of Restylane for Long Tear Troughs?
- Restylane New Orleans - I had Restylane lip injections 2 months ago at a med spa. I noticed a lump over the top of my left lip immediately after the injections, before the swelling started to kick in, but thought nothing of it at the time. 2 weeks later, the aesthetician said that this was present prior to the injections but the lip injections have made it more noticeable. Can it be corrected as I am now very self-conscious about it?
- New Orleans Restylane - I am only 27 and get a fair amount of sleep but my dark circles have become developed into slight hollowness. I have a great fear of needles going in me that I don't even have my ears pierced. Can you be put to sleep while getting or can you close your eyes while they are injecting near your eyes?
- Restylane Before and After New Orleans - I had Restylane injected 4 months ago while on vacation in California. I have what seems to be the Tyndall effect. How long will it last? Can you advise what laser improves the blue color.
- Restylane Perlane New Orleans - Is it safe to do Restylane if I have cervical cancer?
- What is Restylane New Orleans - 11 months ago, I had a young dermatologist inject me at a teaching hospital. I got the treatment for free, so I did not want to complain, but I have had a blue lump on one side ever since the Perlane was injected. Is there anything that can be done so long after?
Back to Restylane/Perlane Home Page