A. In general, the answer is yes. If your white blood cell count is good (to reduce any risk of infection) and your platelet count is normal (to prevent a hematoma or severe bruising) you should be fine. Remember that Restylane is hyaluronic acid, naturally found in your body. It also can be dissolved if there are complications. Finally, looking better may make you feel better while you are going through this difficult battle. Good luck and spread the word about the vaccine to prevent cervical cancer.
Q. I want to try filler. I have heard a lot about Restylane. My problem is that I do not want to bruise. How can I prevent bruising?
A. There are things that both you and your dermatologist can do to REDUCE your risk of bruising, but there is no way to guarantee that you will get NO bruising from filler injections. Be sure you are off aspirin, vitamin E, fish oil and ibuprofen. Now, if you have a heart stent, or you have had a stroke or heart attack, you should NOT get off these meds as your risk of heart attack and stroke would increase. This recommendation is ONLY if you are taking aspirin, etc, as some sort of prevention for disease. In that case, being off a couple of weeks will have no impact. There is a product called Prevedem, which helps reduce swelling and bruising if used BEFORE injection. Some believe in bromolein and arnica after injection. Bruise Relief Gel seems to shorten the severity of bruising in my experience. The use of ice and pressure after injection may also reduce the risk. In the end, if a bruise is not acceptable under any circumstance, filler may not be a good option for you.
More Restylane/Perlane Related Questions
- Restylane Treatment in New Orleans - I have deep ridges between my eyes and cheeks. I just look tired all the time. I am aware of using dermal fillers to fill in the indentations, but I have also read about a lot of problems with that approach to correct the "tear troughs". Can you help me decide if I should do this?
- Perlane and Restylane New Orleans - I am confused about fillers. How does a doctor choose which is best?
- Restylane Treatments New Orleans - I have acne scars and do not have time to miss work from a laser. What else can I try?
- Restylane Injections in New Orleans - How Many Syringes of Restylane for Long Tear Troughs?
- Restylane New Orleans - I had Restylane lip injections 2 months ago at a med spa. I noticed a lump over the top of my left lip immediately after the injections, before the swelling started to kick in, but thought nothing of it at the time. 2 weeks later, the aesthetician said that this was present prior to the injections but the lip injections have made it more noticeable. Can it be corrected as I am now very self-conscious about it?
- New Orleans Restylane - I am only 27 and get a fair amount of sleep but my dark circles have become developed into slight hollowness. I have a great fear of needles going in me that I don't even have my ears pierced. Can you be put to sleep while getting or can you close your eyes while they are injecting near your eyes?
- Restylane Before and After New Orleans - I had Restylane injected 4 months ago while on vacation in California. I have what seems to be the Tyndall effect. How long will it last? Can you advise what laser improves the blue color.
- Restylane Perlane New Orleans - Is it safe to do Restylane if I have cervical cancer?
- What is Restylane New Orleans - 11 months ago, I had a young dermatologist inject me at a teaching hospital. I got the treatment for free, so I did not want to complain, but I have had a blue lump on one side ever since the Perlane was injected. Is there anything that can be done so long after?
Back to Restylane/Perlane Home Page