A: Dermal fillers are safe for all skin types and have no downtime. They are often the best option for acne scars and the results last longer in scars than wrinkles.
Q: I have dark circles under my eyes. I understand Restylane may help this. How does it work?
A: Restylane helps circles that are caused by a loss of dermal and subcutaneous volume and decent or herniation of the fat pad under the eyes. It replaces the lost volume and gives a lifting effect under the eyes. Restylane will not help discoloration (for that you will need peels or laser) and does not help fine lines (Lumierre and/or Botox are best for these).
Q: From age 25 I noticed a line in shadow across my nose which gradually became more prominent. It's only on one side making the nose look asymmetrical. The line starts as a lump on the left side and the enlarged cartilage runs from it to the right tip. It looks like a large vein, even though its cartilage. It makes the whole left side look drooped. What do you think this is, and can non surgical fillers fix it? I don't want to change the shape of my nose or have surgery if I can help it.
A: While a good facial plastic surgeon can likely fix the problem permanently, Restylane L is an excellent choice to fill in any indentations and make the nose look more symmetrical. It is safe in a good injectors hands. Restylane L in the nose will last 6-12 months and could be dissolved if you do not like the results.
Q: Can Restylane be used on the upper nasal folds as well as below the jowl, sides of chin area?
A: Restylane was the first hyaluronic acid filler to be FDA approved in the United States and remains a popular filler in spite of a lot of competition in the filler market. There is now the Restylane L with lidocaine which is less painful. Restylane is popular because it can be used in many areas with safe, effective and reversible (if need be) results. The nasolabial, marionette and pre-jowl sulcus are perfect areas to try Restylane.
More Restylane/Perlane Related Questions
- Restylane Treatment in New Orleans - I have deep ridges between my eyes and cheeks. I just look tired all the time. I am aware of using dermal fillers to fill in the indentations, but I have also read about a lot of problems with that approach to correct the "tear troughs". Can you help me decide if I should do this?
- Perlane and Restylane New Orleans - I am confused about fillers. How does a doctor choose which is best?
- Restylane Treatments New Orleans - I have acne scars and do not have time to miss work from a laser. What else can I try?
- Restylane Injections in New Orleans - How Many Syringes of Restylane for Long Tear Troughs?
- Restylane New Orleans - I had Restylane lip injections 2 months ago at a med spa. I noticed a lump over the top of my left lip immediately after the injections, before the swelling started to kick in, but thought nothing of it at the time. 2 weeks later, the aesthetician said that this was present prior to the injections but the lip injections have made it more noticeable. Can it be corrected as I am now very self-conscious about it?
- New Orleans Restylane - I am only 27 and get a fair amount of sleep but my dark circles have become developed into slight hollowness. I have a great fear of needles going in me that I don't even have my ears pierced. Can you be put to sleep while getting or can you close your eyes while they are injecting near your eyes?
- Restylane Before and After New Orleans - I had Restylane injected 4 months ago while on vacation in California. I have what seems to be the Tyndall effect. How long will it last? Can you advise what laser improves the blue color.
- Restylane Perlane New Orleans - Is it safe to do Restylane if I have cervical cancer?
- What is Restylane New Orleans - 11 months ago, I had a young dermatologist inject me at a teaching hospital. I got the treatment for free, so I did not want to complain, but I have had a blue lump on one side ever since the Perlane was injected. Is there anything that can be done so long after?
Back to Restylane/Perlane Home Page