A: I always rely on good pictures to document the pre-treatment appearance in case there is any abnormality noticed after injection. I always think a Board certified "core four" physician should do all medical cosmetic injections for best results. (Core four are dermatology, plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery and oculoplastic surgery). Now I would go see a Board certified, core-four physician who will know how to fix the problem. Hyaluronidase is quick and easy and should reduce any lump.
Q: Will Restylane in Lips Last Longer the More Treatments You Get?
A: There is data to suggest that Restylane stretches fibroblasts and actually results in new collagen deposition in the skin. There is also data that proves that if you add to the Restylane before it is totally gone, the results begin to have a longer, cumulative result. Restylane received FDA approval for the lips in 2011 (we had been using it "off label" in the lips for almost a decade), so you can be rest assured that Restylane in your lips is safe, effective and there is an added benefit with regular maintenance of your result.
Q: Can Dermal Fillers Correct a Crooked Nose?
A: Dermal fillers can fill-in indentations that make the nose look crooked and can build up an indented bridge or smooth out a hump to make the nose look straight on profile. My personal favorite is Restylane, but Juvederm and Radiesse are also great alternatives.
More Restylane/Perlane Related Questions
- Restylane Treatment in New Orleans - I have deep ridges between my eyes and cheeks. I just look tired all the time. I am aware of using dermal fillers to fill in the indentations, but I have also read about a lot of problems with that approach to correct the "tear troughs". Can you help me decide if I should do this?
- Perlane and Restylane New Orleans - I am confused about fillers. How does a doctor choose which is best?
- Restylane Treatments New Orleans - I have acne scars and do not have time to miss work from a laser. What else can I try?
- Restylane Injections in New Orleans - How Many Syringes of Restylane for Long Tear Troughs?
- Restylane New Orleans - I had Restylane lip injections 2 months ago at a med spa. I noticed a lump over the top of my left lip immediately after the injections, before the swelling started to kick in, but thought nothing of it at the time. 2 weeks later, the aesthetician said that this was present prior to the injections but the lip injections have made it more noticeable. Can it be corrected as I am now very self-conscious about it?
- New Orleans Restylane - I am only 27 and get a fair amount of sleep but my dark circles have become developed into slight hollowness. I have a great fear of needles going in me that I don't even have my ears pierced. Can you be put to sleep while getting or can you close your eyes while they are injecting near your eyes?
- Restylane Before and After New Orleans - I had Restylane injected 4 months ago while on vacation in California. I have what seems to be the Tyndall effect. How long will it last? Can you advise what laser improves the blue color.
- Restylane Perlane New Orleans - Is it safe to do Restylane if I have cervical cancer?
- What is Restylane New Orleans - 11 months ago, I had a young dermatologist inject me at a teaching hospital. I got the treatment for free, so I did not want to complain, but I have had a blue lump on one side ever since the Perlane was injected. Is there anything that can be done so long after?
Back to Restylane/Perlane Home Page
Our mission at the Lupo Center is to provide patients with innovative, effective and ethical care to make each person look and feel their personal best. To fulfill our goal, we provide state-of-the-art medical, surgical and cosmetic treatments to all patients.
Board certified dermatologist and clinical professor of dermatology Mary P. Lupo, MD has been a leader in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation since 1983. She travels internationally to teach her innovative techniques, and her reputation brings in patients from around the country. She started the first formal residency training program for injectables and peels in 1983 at Tulane Medical School and served as past president of Women’s Dermatologic Society, clinical professor of dermatology at Tulane and a founder of Cosmetic Boot Camp. Dr. Lupo holds membership in many prestigious dermatology associations, participates in clinical trials for approval of new drugs and devices and acts as an advisor for numerous aesthetic-minded companies.