A: I always start with just one syringe for both sides. Restylane is my favorite option under the eyes because, in my experience, it swells the least. I never do more than 0.5cc the first visit. It is always easier to add than subtract fillers. I usually combine the tear trough with the cheek for the most natural look.
Q: I have had Botox and it worked pretty well, but I still have a deep furrow between my brows even though I cannot frown. What should I do? Laser?
A: While some resurfacing lasers would help the surface layers of the skin, the easiest option to fix your problem is to add Restylane to the Botox.
When the skin is sun-damaged or you are over 40, many need more than just relaxation of the frown complex. The skin is actually indented from years of sun and frowning, so filling the crease with Restylane will complement the action of the Botox.
Q: I had 1/2 syringe of Restylane injected in my tear troughs 5 days ago at a med spa. I now have deep grooves starting from the bottom of my troughs, running under the cheekbone, extending toward my ears. At first, I assumed it to be swelling but the swelling has subsided and the grooves are still present. Are the new folds/grooves a result of the Restylane? I also have white, bumpy lines in tear troughs and under-eye bags are, unfortunately, still present. Should I have it dissolved?
A: The first thing I suggest is a visit to a board certified dermatologist whose practice emphasizes dermal fillers. It certainly sounds as if you were injected in the wrong plane resulting in grooves and lumps. Restylane is actually my favorite filler in this difficult-to-inject area. It can be easily corrected with Vitrase injections.
More Restylane/Perlane Related Questions
- Restylane Treatment in New Orleans - I have deep ridges between my eyes and cheeks. I just look tired all the time. I am aware of using dermal fillers to fill in the indentations, but I have also read about a lot of problems with that approach to correct the "tear troughs". Can you help me decide if I should do this?
- Perlane and Restylane New Orleans - I am confused about fillers. How does a doctor choose which is best?
- Restylane Treatments New Orleans - I have acne scars and do not have time to miss work from a laser. What else can I try?
- Restylane Injections in New Orleans - How Many Syringes of Restylane for Long Tear Troughs?
- Restylane New Orleans - I had Restylane lip injections 2 months ago at a med spa. I noticed a lump over the top of my left lip immediately after the injections, before the swelling started to kick in, but thought nothing of it at the time. 2 weeks later, the aesthetician said that this was present prior to the injections but the lip injections have made it more noticeable. Can it be corrected as I am now very self-conscious about it?
- New Orleans Restylane - I am only 27 and get a fair amount of sleep but my dark circles have become developed into slight hollowness. I have a great fear of needles going in me that I don't even have my ears pierced. Can you be put to sleep while getting or can you close your eyes while they are injecting near your eyes?
- Restylane Before and After New Orleans - I had Restylane injected 4 months ago while on vacation in California. I have what seems to be the Tyndall effect. How long will it last? Can you advise what laser improves the blue color.
- Restylane Perlane New Orleans - Is it safe to do Restylane if I have cervical cancer?
- What is Restylane New Orleans - 11 months ago, I had a young dermatologist inject me at a teaching hospital. I got the treatment for free, so I did not want to complain, but I have had a blue lump on one side ever since the Perlane was injected. Is there anything that can be done so long after?
Back to Restylane/Perlane Home Page